The visionary, Rev. Prophet Dr. S.V.O Okpere JP. Is a man who has sought for God and received his plans for his life. He knows his end from his beginning; he has a solid confidence of his future. He is a man of exploits and a man of extra ordinary strength. He has a lion’s heart and leaps like a horse. His movement or plans knows no bound. He is strong in the kingdom. The Visionary Rev. Prophet Dr. S.V.O Okpere was born on a faithful day of 13th May 1957 at Idumu, Iyasele Awo, Uromi, Edo State. He was baptized at Saint Anthony Catholic Church, Uromi in 1975. At birth he was tiny and weighed about one and half pounds. He was so sick that his parents spend all they had for his survival. When the ailment became worse instead of improving, the parents were frustrated and decided to abandon him. At his early stage, he had strange behaviours and manifestation. These bewildered the parents.
Consequent upon this, the mother was advised to meet with all the different shrine priests in the area to identify the child’s deities such as Olokun, Osun, Osabihie etc. The priests were able to find fourteen different types of idols for him. The discovery of this idols did not help matters as he was found to be getting smaller in size and weight because of ill health. In spite of the above, he talked a lot and his voice was louder than one hundred golden voices. His behavioural attitude earned him several nick names; notable among them is (Ahuebivahien) which means one searches for who makes noise only to find the noise maker is nonentity.
Rev. Prophet Dr. S.V.O Okpere, JP. Had his early education at Saint Augustine Primary School, Uromi from 1967 to 1973. He had exemplary performance in school. However he refuses to further his education. He began to learn carpentry in January, 1975. At the age of 18, he became a professional carpenter, driver, bricks layer, welder, etc. in fact, jack of all trade and master of all.
His turning point in life was in 1976. As they ate in the workshop, a white man who disclosed that he came from Cyprus dressed in Esan attire, suddenly appeared before them. This man appeared to be drunk. The white man beckon on Sunday Ebhojeaye and asked for his name. he replied, ‘Sunday Ebhojeaye many things transpired during this encounter but the man however spat on his (Sunday) palm, prayed and asked Sunday Ebhojeaye to rub his head with the hand. He was told not to disclose all that happened during this encounter to anyone and that fourteen years from that date he would be coming to establish a ministry with him.
But the time Sunday Ebhojeaye opened his eyes he found that the man had vanished into the air. There he knew it was an angel who visited him.
On 15th July, 1990, he received a divine calling which fruit we are all enjoying today.
God has given him the mandate to build the old waste places. To raise up the foundations of many generations and he shall be called the repairer of the breach, the restorer of streets to dwell in Isaiah 58:12
THE VISION OF THE CHURCH
1. To bring up all raised people for the kingdom of God through Christian activities like Evangelism, Teaching and Deliverance.
2. To help the church of Christ and mankind in general for the battle against sins and powers of darkness (the kingdom of Devil) to set the captives and oppressed free, heal the sick solve all spiritual problems and destroy powers and works of darkness for peaceful living of THE CHURCH AND MANKIND (Mathew 11:28 30; 4:23 & 24.)
3. To create and promote Christian unity and fellowship of God, thereby creating opportunity for the growth and utilization of the gifts of individual in the Church.
4. To stand boldly for holiness and for righteousness and to stand against unrighteousness the sins of the world.
5. To preach the gospel with evidence to all nations of the world thereby raising people unto our saviours and Lord Jesus Christ.
Rev. Dr. SVO Okpere The Prophet
Is there not here (in the Land a Prophet of the Lord, besides that we may enquire of him? 1st Kings 22:7
Faced with impending war of Ramothgilead, King Ahab asked 400 prophets ‘the mind of God’ but his in-law, King Jehoshaphat was persuaded another opinion was necessary. Ahab said, there was yet a prophet who may be consulted but I’ hate him because he does not say what he wants to hear.
Of the ministerial gifts and offices, no one is an abused by false preachers and messengers as the prophetic office. Many end-up prophesying instead of prophesying in the name of the Lord.
Thus says the Lord, ‘I have not send these prophets, yet they ran, I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.. The prophet that has a dream let him tell a dream and he that has my word let him speak my word faithfully, Jer. 23:21, 28
The Reverend Prophet, Dr. S.V.O. Okpere, JP is sent by God to this generation and needs no introduction in the prophetic arena. As a prophet, he operates in the gifts of the word of wisdom, word of knowledge, discerning of spirit and the gift of prophecy, which is uncommon. This is apart from operating in the other five gifts of the spirit. Healing, faith, working of miracles, speaking in other tongues and interpretation of tongues. Thereby fulfilling (1st Cor. 1:7), coming behind in none of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
The exploits of Rev. Prophet, Dr. S.V.O. Okpere, JP in the prophetic ministry if common knowledge and is certainly not subject of this publication.
The one voice crying in the wilderness when many choose to be silent for the sake of convenience. Dropping of jaws is a common manifestation amongst his hearers during prophetic utterances, during church service w hen the combine use of gifts of the word of wisdom, word of knowledge, discerning of sprits and the gifts of prophecy leaves his hearers overwhelmed with surprise.
From present prophecies, to prophecies to nations, even to globally relevant prophecies, he has touched countless lives by his accurate utterances. For the purpose of this analysis, we shall refer to just a few of such prophecies, which we consider peculiar.
1. The Tsunamis disaster in Asian countries was foretold by the reverend Prophet several months before it came to pass.
2. He also foretold the election triumph of Barrack Obama as the first black American presient
3. His pronouncement that corade Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole would win the gubernatorial elections in Edo State, but will be robbed of his mandate. He said then that if Oshiomhole persevered in the court of law, his mandate would be restored. And it came to pass.
4. When he said under prophetic unction that Hon. Goodluck Jonathan (then Governor of Beyelsa State) would not go back to the state house as Governor of Beyelsa State, virtually nobody took God serious, as the man was doing well as Governor, his party just renominated for a second term, and there was no viable opposition to his party in his state. His party eventually chose the Governor as Vice Presidential candidate and he dropped his interest to go back as governor. The unbelievable came to pass because mouth of God has spoken it through his Prophet, Rev. Prophet Dr. S.V.O Okpere, JP
5. He foretold the passage of the immediate past Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Abubakar Maccido in 2007 where he declared under prophetic unction that a powerful kingdom in the North would lose it’s monarchy. Barely a week after, the Sultan, his first son, and first grandson all died in a plan crash, causing the naton to mourn. He was later to explain to us the difference between loss of monarch and loss of monarchy.
He has moved from a natural carpenter transforming and beautifying dry wood into items of furniture for the use of men, into the company of spiritual carpenter to dismantle the 4 hours sent to scatter Judah to establish the tress of righteousness the planting of our God for God’s use.
His prophetic calling has taken Rev. Prophet, Dr. S.V.O. Okpere, JP to various part of the world, in the African continent, Europe and the Lord has revealed that it is only the beginning of a global ministry. He has received countless awards locally and internationally in recognition of his contributions to the benefit of mankind using prophetic ministry as platform.